So one of my quiet goals that I haven't shared with too many people, possibly only with Troy up to now was that I have always aspired to run a triathalon as well as a 5 or 10 K as well as possibly a half marathon. I have always said to myself that I would never do a full marathon...but one should never say never...it just might happen. The NYC marathon actually sounds like an awesome goal for someday down the road. SO...
Dreams do come true and goals do get acomplished!
Saturday, September 27, 2008 Heidi Nobmann, Wendy Hazelhofer, Dena Webb and I ran the See Jane Run Tri race in Shadow Cliffs Park in Pleasanton, CA. We went over the night before, carbed up at Outback Steak House, got some zzzzzzz's and headed to the race about 7 AM. We were pumped and ready to "go...fight...finish"! Scott asked me how my time compared to my goal...well since my goal was to simply finish the race...my time was awesome!
The tri was a 400 M swim * 11 Mile bike * 3 Mile run...we all did it and all finished. It was an all women's race...my favorite was being passed by the very much older women...like 57 - 63 age range!! But overall was super happy with finishing with an hour and thirty mins. Not too bad for all the conditioning I lacked previous to race day.
Thanks ladies for a great day. Thanks to Troy for pushing me to do this and being my heart and soul of the 1 hour 24 min race time. Silly me, got teary eyed, crying a couple times as I biked and ran thinking of how blessed I am to have Troy and our 5 kids. They were home preparing birthday celebrations so did not come this time to watch, but I thought about them and that gave me all I needed to keep going. Thanks to my race number 695 that is almost Triston's favorite number I felt close to them at home cheering me on. Was a memorable 35th bday for sure. Good times.
Thanks ladies for a great day. Thanks to Troy for pushing me to do this and being my heart and soul of the 1 hour 24 min race time. Silly me, got teary eyed, crying a couple times as I biked and ran thinking of how blessed I am to have Troy and our 5 kids. They were home preparing birthday celebrations so did not come this time to watch, but I thought about them and that gave me all I needed to keep going. Thanks to my race number 695 that is almost Triston's favorite number I felt close to them at home cheering me on. Was a memorable 35th bday for sure. Good times.
3 comments:
Is there anything that you can't do?! Seriously you are one amazing woman!!! I'm glad that you finished and that you had a great day! You definitely deserve it! Love you all!
That's awesome Julie...so proud of you. I'm glad you had an awesome birthday inspite of your lame sister. When's your next one?
That is so awesome! What an accomplishment! Good Job, that would be a lot of fun.
Post a Comment