These were the eye covers they gave him after surgery to wear yesterday and last night. They were quite the good lookin eyes!
Supposed to wear sunglasses inside and outside as well. All in the name of a speedier recovery.
Gets to sleep with these stylish "googles" for the next two weeks!
Brusing from the procedure. For those who are new to the world of eye procedures, there is very little blood if any at all. But this is brusing of the eye most likely from the pressure that was put on the eye ball during the surgery.

Troy had eye surgery yesterday to greatly improve his vision. The goal was not 20/20 but was to get much better than he had, which honestly I do not know how to even write what he was. So Matthew, Kamdyn and I drove him to the surgery center, the three of us were able to enjoy the surgery on the big tv screen. We watched and were greatly impressed by the incredible minds of those who come up with surgeries like this. What an amazing idea and gift to those who truely cannot see. So they did what is called IntraLace. A certain type of vision correction surgery. The first 3 hours after wards to H E double hockey sticks...if you get my drift...he was in so much pain and discomfort. But after that he felt really pretty good. Slept good last night and suprisingly enough he drove today by himself. That is amazing for all of you who know how truely blind he was. He has much healing to do...the quadriple vision will subside and he'll be good as new in about 2 weeks they tell us. Has been an amazing thing to watch. Obviously much more amazing when it is you it is happening too.
Troy had eye surgery yesterday to greatly improve his vision. The goal was not 20/20 but was to get much better than he had, which honestly I do not know how to even write what he was. So Matthew, Kamdyn and I drove him to the surgery center, the three of us were able to enjoy the surgery on the big tv screen. We watched and were greatly impressed by the incredible minds of those who come up with surgeries like this. What an amazing idea and gift to those who truely cannot see. So they did what is called IntraLace. A certain type of vision correction surgery. The first 3 hours after wards to H E double hockey sticks...if you get my drift...he was in so much pain and discomfort. But after that he felt really pretty good. Slept good last night and suprisingly enough he drove today by himself. That is amazing for all of you who know how truely blind he was. He has much healing to do...the quadriple vision will subside and he'll be good as new in about 2 weeks they tell us. Has been an amazing thing to watch. Obviously much more amazing when it is you it is happening too.
4 comments:
That's awesome...I hope you can see as good as me. Ha! jk. Okay, sister...a few comments for you. 1. the lead is in my behind/back...and yes, it's still there. In fact, that may be why I have all these mental problems. 2. I have forgiven you. It's taken me 10 long years, and well, I have dealt with my emotional trauma. lol. :) 3. Yes, I do look skinny--jk. Well, not really..but hello...i haven't eaten a single tasty dessert or piece of bread in 6 weeks, but who's counting right? miss you!
Gosh, we had no idea Troy was having eye surgery- I guess that is our fault for not staying in touch better with everyone. Hope he is doing well and everything heals quickly. Take Care- Miss you all.
Love the pictures. He is a good man to let you take them in all those shots. I'm not sure Darin would be as accomidating. Hope he loves his new eyes!
I feel so bad that he was in pain, but I'm so glad his eyesight will improve! He's always had such bad eyesight....
Post a Comment